Monday 23 May 2016

Let Your Desk Speak Your Personality!

This topic was lying on my stick note from so long and I have been waiting for the perfect hour to pen my views down. Finally spilling the beans of my thoughts over this!

We all have a work desk where we spend most part of our day. It is like the second place after home which we smugly cherish as a possession. This draws us to the statement that your desk is as important as your home and should reflect your ownership.

According to a research conducted by Huffington Post, giving a personal touch to your workplace boosts productivity, brings happiness and reduces absenteeism.

 Having read that, I was curious about the proportionality of these variables. Also, with the creative weed in my brain, I always had the urge to give my work space my reflection so that I get familiarized with the corner as quick as possible.

Let’s see what you should do to bring that personalization to your workspace and how it impacts your work:
  • If you are an avid appreciator of flora, get a small sapling for your desk. Even a good luck plant will charm. Keeping greenery near you brings positivity and absorbs the harmful rays in your surroundings.
  • Keep your passion alive on your desk. If you are into literature, stick some nice-read quotes. If you like to draw, pin some of your drawings on the board. If art attracts you, have small art piece onto your space.

    B
    elow are some pictures on how I am keeping my interests alive, given my passions ranging from reading, arts and music.



  • If you like reading articles and love newspaper, pin some articles onto your board.
  • Have atleast one picture of your near and dear ones. This will motivate you in your harder times.
  • For some, pictures of their favourite characters (actor/actresses, politicians, others) triggers enthusiasm in them.
  • Make sure that your space is comfortable and personalized at the same time. It must give you the feeling that it belongs to you! :)

Believe me, this will encourage you to pass through difficult times in your work life and cope gracefully. I have a note on my desk and whenever I am into some unpleasant times and my eye falls on it, I get revitalized to face the challenging day. This is the note:



Your desk says a lot about you. So make your statement and showcase your personality without uttering a word.

But don’t forget to attend to your main goal i.e. WORK! :P

On a concluding remark, I would like to quote some words from my recent reading (which give no clue about the topic discussed above but is worth sharing):

Work, love, courage and hope; Make me good and help me cope.

No comments:

Post a Comment