Tuesday 25 October 2016

Beyond banana leaf, gold and kanjeevaram...

Sudden plan of attending a friend's weddingroad triplush green trackssparkling water and god's own country- Kerala is way beyond idli and dosa! 

My acquaintance with the beautiful landscapes of this city brought a romantic rhythm to my eyes which fell in love with nature once again.  


On the way was Krishnagiri (Tamil Nadu) where I had a bite of authentic South-Indian breakfast. It was not that I was having this cuisine for the first time but surely there were some ingredients in that dish that was particular to the place and delighted my senses.  


The target place was Guruvayur in Kerala. From Krishnagiri to Guruvayur, the journey had been amidst breaking dawn, bright sunshine, tall coconut trees and GPS which helped us get through highways.  


Guruvayur is commonly known for its famous religious devotion standing high in the form of Guruvayur Temple. I mini-researched about the temple before actually visiting it and how I wished to go but my laziness fell in between. Some other time, may be.  


This was the first time that I was witnessing a different culture wedding altogether. Both bride and groom belonged to southern part of India, and thus it makes my experience of this Kerala trip a total acquaintance to South-Indian culture, way in and out. Be it food on banana leaves with an exciting pair of dishes, music which makes your heart dance Bharatnatyam, artistic prints on walls of the venue, wedding rituals which are so simple and yet different, or people & their core simplicity; this wedding was an exquisite experience for me.  


We still wanted more out of this trip and therefore planned a place which rolled itself out as a beautiful feather on Kerala's head – Allepy, the place of houseboats. Though I did not get the chance to have a houseboat experience but those 24 hours in another cozy place were so relaxing. I just did not get tired admiring the mesmerizing natural creations, be it backwaters or lotuses or sunrise.  


Thank god I took that trip because it made me realize millions of things about life and people associated with it. I always give immense importance to travelling in one's life because it opens the mind, it relaxes the soul, it gives a new lookout towards ideas one does not dare to pursue, towards problems one runs away from and towards taking that heavy yet crucial step to make everything better.  


Get out of your cocoon and explore this journey called life in the best way possible.  


Concluding this travelogue-cum-philosophy-bicker with a truck note I read on the way:  

'Shor mat kar bulbul, aaj gum ki raat hai, 
Tere bhi sheher aayenge, do chaar din ki baat hai.'  

No comments:

Post a Comment